ОГЛАВЛЕНИЕ | След. »»
Chapter 1. General Provision
Article 1. Basic Principles for the Elections
The election of deputies to the Stale Duma shall be carried out by the citizens of the Russian Federation on the basis of universal, equal and direct suffrage by secret ballot.
Article 2. Electoral Right
1. Every citizen от the Russian Federation who has reached the age of eighteen has the right to vote in election to the State Duma.
2. Every citizen of the Russian Federation who has reached the age of twenty-one may be elected to the State Duma.
3. Citizens that have been found by a court of justice to be not aui juris or who are being held in detention centers under a court ruling may not vote or be elected.
Article 3. Elections to the State Duma.
1. The State Duma shall be composed of 450 deputies,
2. 225 deputies to the State Duma shall be elected on the basis of a majority in one-mandate (one constituency, one deputy) constituencies set up by Federation members on the basis of a single representation quota, excluding the constituencies formed by the Federation members which have fewer electors than the average determined by the Central Election Commission for Elections to the State Duma (to be called henceforth the Central Election Commission for one-mandate constituencies).
3. The remaining 125 deputies to the State Duma shall be elected on the bases of a system of proportional representation in a federal constituency.
Article 4. The Date of the Elections
The election of deputies to the State Duma shall be held on December 11-12, 1993.
Article 5. The Right to Nominate Candidates
1. The federal constituency lists of candidates fог the State Duma shall be nominated by election associations. Candidates for the State Duma from one-mandate constituencies shall be nominated by groups of electors and election associations.
2. An election association snail be а federal party, a federal political movement with rules registered by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation or a bloc of such public associations, established for the period of the elections. The bloc may also be made up of other federal public associations registered with the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation if participation in the elections is provided for in their rules. A party, a political movement or & public organization may not be part of more than one election association. A party or a political movement that forms part of a bloc may not act as а separate election association.
3. The submission to the Central Election Commission of documents for the registration of a list of candidates or individual candidates shall be made by a decision of a body of the party or political movement that has been duly authorized in «accordance with the rules, and in case of the establishment of a bloc of parties, political movements and other public associations - by a joint decision of the respective authorized bodies of the member organizations.
Article 6. Financing the Elections
1. The financing of all activities associated with the organization and holding or elections to the State Duma shall be done out of the resources of the Republican Budget of the Russian Federation.
2. Candidates for deputies and the election associations have the right to use their own funds and voluntary donations to finance pre-election canvassing.
Article 7. The Holding of Elections by Election Commissions
1. The organization of the elections to the State Duma shall be the responsibility of election commissions. The Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation and the lower commissions shall, within the competence established by these Regulations, be independent of other state bodies wish regard to all question's related to the preparation and holding or the elections.
2. The election commissions shall operate on a collective basis. The preparation and holding of the elections shall be carried out by the election commissions in an open and public manner.
ОГЛАВЛЕНИЕ | След. »»